Music Nominations for 44th Annie Awards
With 2016 ending, we have another Hollywood awards season on our hands. For instance, the Annie Awards are only two months away! Speaking of which, I have included all the music Annie nominees below for your viewing pleasure.
The 44th Annie Awards Music Nominations
The International Animated Film Society, ASIFA-Hollywood released their nominees for next year’s Annie Awards Ceremony earlier this week to much fanfare. I hope your favorite cartoon movies and televisions shows are on the list for their respective categories. 2016 was a fun year for us animation fans, and I only want those that deserve the praise get what they deserve.
Music in an Animated Feature Production
- Kristopher Carter, Lolita Ritmanis & Michael McCuistion – Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders – Warner Bros. Animation
- Joby Talbot – Sing – Illumination Entertainment
- Hans Zimmer, Richard Harvey & Camille – The Little Prince – Netflix and On Animation Studios
- Laurent Perez del Mar – The Red Turtle – Studio Ghibli, Wild Bunch, Why Not Productions
- Alexandre Desplat – The Secret Life of Pets – Illumination Entertainment
Music in an Animated TV/Broadcast Production
- Loren Bouchard & John Dylan Keith – Bob’s Burgers – (Episode: Glued, Where’s My Bob?) – Bento Box Entertainment
- Christopher Willis – Disney Mickey Mouse – (Episode: Dancevidaniya) – Disney Television Animation
- Alexandre Desplat & Tim Davies – DreamWorks Trollhunters – (Episode: Becoming, Part I) – DreamWorks Animation Television
- Scot Stafford, Alexis Harte & JJ Wiesler – Pearl – Google Spotlight Stories/Evil Eye Pictures
- Kevin Kiner – Star Wars Rebels – (Episode: #2-24: Twilight of the Apprentice) – LucasfilmLtd. / Disney XD
Personally, I want Star Wars Rebels and Batman to win. I won’t hold a grudge if they not though. Either way, the 44th Annual Annie Awards goes down on February 4, 2014, at UCLA’s Royce Hall in Los Angeles, California.
If you plan to watch the live stream during the event, post your desired winners in the comments below.